Thursday, March 31, 2011

Zero Prep Work


A couple of things to get to before we dive into today’s post (as I’m writing this I have yet to think of something to write about as a bona fide post, so this is my way of procrastinating):

1.       I made sure to visit Translink’s website last night and put in a “commendation” for my bus driver. He absolutely deserves recognition for the great job that he does and I’m glad to be able to play a small part in him getting it. So thanks for those of you that commented with the suggestion!
2.       Sweet Valley High has returned!!! Well sort of. Francine Pascal has finished the new Sweet Valley book and 20-somethings the world over are losing their sh*t and running to the bookstore to get their hands on it. Rumour has it that Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield don’t even like each other in their 27 year old incarnations. What the what?! Obviously am running right to the bookstore to find out what the H is going on. How can they not like each other?!?! They are TWINS!

Naturally I have done zero prep work for this post. Which, let’s face it, is often the case. But most times when this happens, I manage to pull something out of my a$$ that sounds half way decent. Today is clearly not one of those days. Which means that we are going to have to bust out some collection of thoughts that are rolling around in my head today. There’s no accounting for what rolls around in this brain of mine. You’ve been warned.

Yesterday I was messing around on Twitter and  decided that maybe I would like to see who Twitter thought I should follow. It’s based on who you already follow. Here are some of the names that Twitter gave me: Kris Jenner, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner, Rob Kardashian. I guess I’m not following enough Kardashians. I only follow Kim, Kourtney and Khloe. For now. We will see. Twitter may wear me down. I love the Kardashians. I can’t even help it. I’m mesmerized by their beauty and fascinated by their lives. Jen Lancaster would be so ashamed of me. Let’s face it- you’re all ashamed of me. I’m losing readers aren’t I? Damn, with only 39, 1 is a serious percentage!

Also Pee Wee Herman was suggested.

Have you discovered Flavia de Luce yet??? I’m OBSESSED. She is the heroine of this series of books by Alan Bradley and she has been described as being a cross between Harriet the Spy and Agatha Christie. You guys. If you haven’t already, you need to get on these. They are hilarious and fantastic. I think I was trolling around the Book Depository (this is like a daily thing, I like to watch the live buying as a kind of meditation) and it suggested that I might like The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and when I got all these gift certificates for my birthday (to the bookstore naturally) I bought the first 2. Might? I might like these?! LOVE. I thought there were only 3 books. Wrong. There will be SIX. Read them.

I gave up my seat on the bus yesterday. Clearly inspired to do a good transit deed. Do you think bragging about giving up my seat to a girl with an ankle injury on the internets cancels out the good karma I had acquired? Probably.

Do you have big plans for the Royal Wedding? For those of you that aren’t aware, I’m obsessed with royalty. I love them all: Dutch, Danish, Spanish, Moroccan, Swedish, Norwegian, Jordanian etc but especially the English. Come on. Are there any better? Please. Plus, there used to be the small matter of deluding myself into believing that I was going to marry Prince William and become a princess myself. I had to do the research to be prepared for my future role. What? It could have happened. I just went to the wrong school.

But seriously-wedding of the century. I wasn’t around for Charles and Diana’s wedding I’m definitely not missing this one. I'm a little confused about how my wedding invite got lost since I feel like I was pretty clear about having changed my address, but I guess if it comes down to it I can watch it live at home with some booze. 3am is a perfectly acceptable time to be drinking. And. It’s my Friday off on the 29th. It’s like it was meant to be.

Alright kids, good talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment