Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm Going to Be With My People

Well folks, this week I am not at work. I am not getting paid either, but the important thing is that I am not at work. I will be taking the chance this week to walk around the city and actually experience what the Olympics has to offer in the way of parties. We went to the Irish house this weekend (everything you have heard about that is true) and today we are going to be with my people. The Dutch. I'm hoping to be able to post some of my war stories here for you, so that you feel like a) I haven't abandoned you completely and b) you are kind of experiencing it too.

And before I go, I leave you with a super flattering slice of Dutchness. Sven Kramer. He's a good looking guy, he's basically a demi-god in the Netherlands and well..this is what happens.

Don't think they're all like that but I think its kind of funny, which probably says more about me than him.



I will drink to all you Cubicle dwellers today.

4 comments:

  1. SIGH, enjoy! Whilst I toil away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of a douche, huh? But you gotta love it when they say what they're really thinking.

    Have fun and avoid any alcohol poisoning. That shit is tough on the liver....

    ReplyDelete
  3. smart girl. good for you. way to do it.
    i sit and toil, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah he's not exactly a poster child for the well mannered. But hey, it must get annoying. He also told a Canadian broadcaster that the win felt good because he worked his ass off for 4 years. Well deserved I guess?

    ReplyDelete