Monday, February 8, 2010

Ramblings Of An Insane Cubicle Dweller

I thought that I had kicked my Starbucks habit.I mean, they kept f*cking up, so I told myself that I was done. I was even going to write a post last week about how I was a recovering Starbucksaholic.

But I guess its a good thing that I held off because this morning I totally fell off the wagon.

And it tastes so good.

Even though apparently I no longer drink a grandevanillaearlgreyteamisto, now its known as an earlgreytealatte or something else that means exactly the same thing. Why Starbucks? Why? Why do you mess with people before they have had their caffeine? Such a dangerous game you play.

I don't think that I need to tell you that today is my least favourite day of the week. I think by now, you are aware of this. Unless you are new, and then, welcome to my very least favourite day of the week. I'm quite fond of Fridays. Saturdays. And Sundays until about 8:30pm when I can start to feel Monday creeping up on me.

Where am I going with this. Nowhere fast really. Did you miss me on Friday? I did leave you a present. I can't tell you how impressed I was with me that I managed to post a youtube video. I'm getting all technologically savvy in my old age.

Before you start ragging on me, telling me that I'm not old, let me remind you that its all about context. If you are older than me, then yes, I guess I'm not old. But if you are a 13 year old girl that knows everything, like my little sister, then I am ancient. So old. And you take great pleasure in reminding me of this as I huff and puff and move your sh*t into your new house.

Wow, how did that happen? Sorry.

Moving on.

To what? I'm not sure. Shall we talk about what happened in the office while I was away? Whenever Anna or I are away, we keep a kind of log of things that the other missed and then email it at the end of the day. My favourite things are:

1. That Veronica didn't notice that I wasn't in the office until 11.45. I mean, OK I left the message with Amy, but don't they talk to each other? Since I'm so important, and they needed to have discussions about how indispensable I was before they could tell me that I was able to have a week off unpaid (as a reward), I thought that they would notice my absence more. I was wrong. I'm not sure whether to be hurt or not? Do I care enough?

2. That my printer was returned to me on Friday and it took an email from Anna telling me that this happened for me to notice. Despite the fact that when I walked in this morning Maurice was loading the printer. Oh Monday, you make a fool out of me. Now that the printer is back, it needs more paper. Plain paper-- I guess Maurice was loading preprinted paper. Should I load it? Or wait for Maurice to do it? I feel like this morning I don't care enough to do it myself. Let's just wait for Maurice.

OK folks, I have one week to mentally prepare myself for next week's adjusted schedule. For a non- morning person (seriously, people have died) does anyone have any thoughts on how to get through next week's early-a$$ mornings without mortally wounding anyone? I need all the help I can get (I think this post is evidence enough of my weak mental state these days).

PS Maurice totally refilled the printer. He's my b*tch and he doesn't even know it.

3 comments:

  1. Try to go to bed early a few days before and get in the habit. Have two (yes two) alarm clocks, the second one being away from your bed so you actually have to get up to turn it off. It's the only way I can get up any earlier than I already do. I'm NOT a morning person. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The double alarm clocks is actually a really good idea!!! IV Starbucks isn't bad either, but I'm not a huge fan of needles. Which would be tricky to get around.

    ReplyDelete