Monday, August 24, 2009

What Shall I Do Today?

Aside from work, obviously. Because working is lame. Although, actually (and I'm ashamed to admit this) aside from a devious facebook tour this morning I have been working. I know I know, not at all up to my usual standards. I don't even know what it is really. Whenever Maurice is away (as he currently is, to stock up on loud shirts and figure out a new hairstyle) I seem to get so much more done. Its not even like we talk. But he distracts me. Can't explain it.

So aside from the monster pile of policies that I have already managed to plough through (gotta love farm language), I have been muli-tasking like mad. Because if you can't multi-task...you are a man.

My friend Claire has come back from her vacation. Thank God. Her email this morning made things a million times better. Claire- next time you go on a vacay, I'm coming with. Have spent lovely moments learning about her trip: sunshine, raccoon tan, hair cut, dead camera battery, and did I mention sunshine? I say sunshine like its not sunshine-y here. Or as if i like sunshine. Weird.

Discovered that someone else at work saw Inglourious Basterds. Am grateful for this as it gives me more to discuss than just "omg you have to see it"--because you do. But you can only say that so many times before people tune you out (Anna). Anyway, if you haven't seen it, you must. I don't even like Quentin Tarantino and this was the best movie I have seen all year!

In my early morning Facebook patrol I discovered that a friend of mine from my exchange days has a) moved back to our exchange city and b) started blogging about it. I put a link up on the side--am not computer savvy enough to create one of those highlighted blue words that will take you there. I'm working on it. In the meantime, check out TSVenture on the side here. I miss my city.

I downloaded a new app on my iphone. Optimistic Pessimist (again, you will have to actually click on her link on the side...seriously I will learn this), I know you will appreciate this. My friend is coming for an exchange here this week. Naturally I want to be able to track her flight like a creepy stalker. And "there's an app for that". So I downloaded it. And I'm keeping track of the route to see what the average time is for this week, get a better idea of if her flight will be delayed. And on the big day, I will get real time updates about her flight. Creepy or convenient? I choose to think convenient.

And now, in an effort not to piss anyone off (and get my remaining vacation days taken away, like they are trying to do, always something new) I am going to end my break on time. Look at me, ending breaks when I'm supposed to. I'm such an excellent employee.

2 comments:

  1. there's nothing the iphone can't do. i love how easy it makes stalking, er...keeping track of important need to know information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really paying for itself. The route has been on time all week and I know she made it to Chicago safely. See, its just concern, not stalking. Thanks iphone!

    ReplyDelete