Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Might Have ADD.

I am pretty bored at work today. I have the attention span of a gnat and can't seem to stop myself from obsessively checking my facebook, celebrity gossip sites, anything really. I don't know what my problem is today. Probably has something to do with the fact that I know that there is no one really in charge today. My frenemy supervisor Veronica is the only one here- John is on a cruise (I'm hoping he gets lost at sea) and Amy is dealing with some "personal matters", which I always find really ominous so I hope things are OK (see? I'm not a total a**hole).

So in honour of my non-focusing state of mind, I present you with a list of rambling thoughts. These are things that have been popping into my head today, or they could be things that I learned from my internet roaming.

This morning on the bus my ipod, on shuffle, started playing a Christmas song. Its all muddled in there (I am too technologically deficient to know how to remove them for January through November) and I didn't realize it until the song was half over (I think it was I'll Be Home for Christmas- you are so going to get that stuck in your head now. Don't you know its bad luck to sing Christmas carols when it isn't Christmas?) and I remember thinking to myself damn, now its going to think its OK to play Christmas songs all day.

And as is so often the case, I was right.

I have now heard little bits of White Christmas, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, some themes from A Charlie Brown Christmas and I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas (classics). I guess its never too early to start planning for when one hemorrages money.

I had chocolate cake today (office birthday) and I shouldn't have. Not only is it calories that I don't need, its also kind of making me ill now. Its been too long since I have had proper sugar and my body wants me to know that it doesn't think its ok to just spring that on it. Now I am being punished.

Its fun to kick off on my wheely chair to the printer to pick up my printed pages. But I think that sooner or later I am going to kick off too hard and hit my head on the printer. I'm sure that Maurice will come to my aid. And by come to my aid I mean stare at me blankly.

I'm trying to understand why the Kardashians are so famous? I know that they are good looking, but have they done anything? That said, I am relieved to see that Kim has dyed her hair back dark (she looks so much better). I worry about the other 2 though: Khloe getting married after a month and Kourtney knocked up? Yeah that will end well. And while we're on it what the hell is with the K's? Khloe?? REALLY?

CNN.com has a headline about a dancing baby rocking out to "Single Ladies". So a couple of things: 1. Is this really CNN worthy? 2. must remember to look that video up later. If I find it, I will share. I know you want to see it too--although if its already made it to CNN.com I'm probably the only person that hasn't seen it. CNN isn't exactly on top of things I find.

I just wheeled into my cubicle wall. Good thing its felt covered.Don't worry, I wasn't going that fast anyway.

Meatloaf: I Will Do Anything For Love. But then there is that one thing he won't do. Does anyone know what that one thing is? Maybe I need to listen to the song more?

The whole 9-5 thing, how does one get out of that? Is it this boring and awful for everyone? Are there really people out there that enjoy their jobs? How does one go about getting one of these mythical jobs? Is it largely dependent on the people that you work with? If so, how does one go about deciding who they work with?

How come people get married to other people with the same name? Like Michael and Michelle, Mario and Maria, Julia and Julio. Don't you kind of think to yourself when you are dating, well this guy is really nice but we can't both be called Lesley. You probably don't think that this happens that often, but I'm here to tell you that I see it all the time.

I totally forgot to take my break. Cake break earlier did not count. So I am going to go take care of that and hope that when I return I have more focus. Yeah, I'm not really holding out much hope either.

5 comments:

  1. the dancing baby is awesome...great timing with Glee doing the routine too...i can't believe i saw it and you haven't

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really not that surprised. I don't go on the computer at home ever. Too much computer time at work. I will look it up on my iphone at lunch and then I will be in the loop too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First Meatloaf won't do THAT DUHHHHHHHHHH. Someone CLEARLY isn't paying attention.

    Secondly Michelle and Michael isn't bad. What about the people who have the same last name who hitch up? Wouldn't you think to yourself and say "It's possible that SOMEWHERE down the line we're related..." but then I guess there's something to keeping the bloodline pure right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now have christmas songs in my head. if i can't sleep tonight it's all your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I Will Do Anything For Love. But then there is that one thing he won't do."

    Well if meatloaf was a chick, I'd say that one thing would be anal sex, but as he is not... I'm not sure... maybe he has an aversion to snuggling?

    ReplyDelete