Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lazy Monday

I took my Friday state of mind all the way into Monday didn't I? My apologies that you had to suffer through a Monday without me, but looking at the state of my recent posts, that really was no great hardship was it?

Plus I felt like death yesterday and the idea of getting off the couch for more than something to drink...well it just wasn't going to happen.

Sometimes it is just nice to just hibernate on the couch (or in bed) and pretend that the rest of the world doesn't exist. I tried to pretend that that was what I was doing yesterday, that I wasn't gross and sick. The world out there can for sure get along without me for one day (fabulous though I am) and that one day without the world can work wonders.

Not that I didn't miss you all.

It wasn't a completely wasted day in terms of the job hunt. On Friday I had called about this job search program (as per my aunt's instructions) and left a message. I just wanted more information about what the program was and how to get registered. Well they called me back yesterday--obviously I'm not going to ignore strange numbers popping up on my phone these days now matter how crappy I felt. I put a smile in my voice and answered only to be momentarily disappointed that it wasn't someone wanting an interview.

But the program sounds awesome and I want to do it (not like I have a whole lot else going on right?). You know there is a 'but' coming right? Yeah there is. Apparently I need a referral to the program. So now I need to figure out how to do that...

In other news, being sick yesterday The Boyfriend let me choose a movie to watch (normally I don't get the choice and am forced to watch his choice but since he has great taste in movies I pretty much always have to grudgingly accept that yes I did like that) so I finally got to watch The Lovely Bones. Immediately following it I got the same feeling as I did when I finished reading the book: disappointment. Stanley Tucci was awesome, he creeped the hell out of me, but as a whole it just didn't do it for me. The worst part is that The Boyfriend watched it with me and now I'm going to have to suffer through one of his less considerate choices to make up for this one.

I too am wondering why I bothered watching the movie if the book didn't totally wow me.

I finally finished reading A Fine Balance last week (no thanks to Twilight) and started reading Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison by Piper Kerman. This was one of the books on Jen Lancaster's summer reading list and I finally read it. Its fantastic. Jen Lancaster would never steer me wrong, I know this, but there is always a hesitation when someone (even someone you worship from afar) recommends a book. But yeah it was terrific and if you come across it, you should read it.

And thats all I have to say today. I have to go pretend to be productive and find jobs to apply for.

Merry Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment