Monday, September 13, 2010

This Post Sucks

This is going to be the very worst blog post that I ever wrote and that you ever read. I have nothing to write about, but what can I say? I'm a creature of habit. It would feel like a weekend if I didn't post today.

See, I didn't do anything this weekend. Not a damn thing.

I didn't go out and see any friends. I would like to say that this is a money thing, you know, being a hermit to save money, but its not. I mean for birthdays I always make the effort. But no. It wasn't an option to sort out.

I didn't get any chores done. Well thats not entirely true, there was a load of laundry that I did. But its not like I cleaned out a closet (not really necessary since we just moved and its not like we've accumulated a lot of new stuff since then) or scrubbed the kitchen.

I didn't go (window) shopping. Doesn't seem to be much point. Its my very favourite season and I can't buy anything. I won't torture myself. Can you imagine if I went near Sephora? It would be a disaster. Just one little eyeliner turns into $200 worth of awesome.

I did puncture one of our tires. Apparently I drove on a nail, which punctured the tire. Hey, at least I didn't also get a speeding ticket and another ticket for driving without a license (I was on my way to the gym and I don't bring my wallet because it will get stolen. As I was coming down my mountain there was a police officer checking speed. I was totally speeding [hello? Going down a mountain?] but so was the car in front of me. Rabbit!). Even though we totally don't have the money to replace all the tires (they need to be replaced) I think The Boyfriend was secretly hoping that I would tell him to just go ahead and replace them all. I didn't do that either. I told him to invest in a tire jack.

I spent the rest of the weekend reading those stupid Twilight books. That's seriously what I did. I had no time/patience/interest for anything else. You're lucky I'm blogging right now--I only have about 70 pages of Breaking Dawn left. It was only 11 last night, I figured I had a good hour of reading time left when The Boyfriend is all "let's go to bed". I tried to fight it but since I had pretty well been ignoring him all weekend, I felt that the least I could do was go to bed at the same time.

He paid for it though. I wasn't tired so I chattered in bed for a long time.

The good news is that Stephanie Meyers' hold on me is almost over. Just 70 more pages and I can go back to reading a proper book, A Fine Balance.

Are you reading anything good?

Finally- most excellent news for those of us that are unemployed, spending our days doing non-productive things like reading Twilight. My friend Megara has no joined our ranks! Which  means that all that mid-day drinking that has been happening will no longer be as pathetic because there will be 2 of us.

Hey, don't say I didn't warn you OK? Right at the beginning I said this was going to suck. And I always keep my promises.

Now if you will excuse me, I have some Breaking Dawn to finish.

2 comments:

  1. as much as you say this post sucks, it brought me a lot of entertainment. all due to the fact that you are reading the twilight series. i am reading a good book...well series. as you know,k i'm rereading the harry potters. book 4 since i saw you monday! i need to read them before the movie comes out..EXCITED! (the girl who places ginny totally grew up hot) i am sad that it's split into 2 movies, but it should only be like 6 months till part two is out. i just watched the trailers and i got all goosebumpy and misty eyed. Damn JK Rowling for making me so emotionally attached to the story! k i'm done talking about harry potter...i'm going to continue on reading goblet of fire.

    i have a book you could read, i think you would find it interesting. it's a memoir on a girl who's father was a general in burma. let me know...we can do coffee. OR better yet, when i move, i shall make cheesecake and you and gloria can come over and eat it with me and i can give it to you then. sounds gouda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEZECAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! YOU ARE WELCOME TO FATTEN ME UP

    ReplyDelete