Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Still Don't Have A Puppy

I have officially been funemployed for 2 months now. On the one hand it feels like longer and on the other, its hard to believe its been that long because I effectively took August off to recuperate from the sh*tshow that was my job.

But its been 2 months and since I have been neglecting you AND since I got nothing else, I decided that the timing was perfect for a retrospective. You know, look back and discuss the good and the bad about my time being funemployed. Maybe this would be more appropriate subject matter if my time as a non-contributing member of society was coming to an end, but we don't know when that will be and I need something to bore you with today, so here we are.

The Good

  • My forehead crease has gone away and I don't walk around looking like a heinous b*tch. Now you'll see me and think something like I could totally approach her. I can only assume this is because I'm not surrounded by idiocy for 8 hours a day and I'm happy about that.
  • My skin has also cleared up. Apparently I'm a stress breakout-er.
  • I go to the gym several times a week. Sure its so that I can watch Days of our Lives without being judged by The Boyfriend, but isn't the point that I'm going?
  • Shopping at Metrotown in the middle of a weekday isn't nearly as traumatic as going on a weekend.
  • I get a lot of time to read. This meant that I read Twilight (I'm still ashamed) but I've read other stuff like The Picture of Dorian Gray to make up for that lapse in judgement. 
  • I've been able to catch up with all the important people in my life because I have all the time in the world.
The Bad
  • I have no money to spend when I go to Metrotown in the middle of the week. I have no money for anything fun really. And I get a panicky feeling whenever I have to pay for anything. I'm still sitting on an air mattress looking for work because we can't afford a desk.
  • Being around people for short amounts of time now, exhausts me. My tolerance for being around people has gone way down since most days its just me and The Boyfriend.
  • Sometimes I drink during the day. Like you wouldn't, given the chance.
  • I'm still not gainfully employed (duh).
The Ugly
  • I punctured a tire (we assume it was me) and now we're driving around on 3 balding tires and one banged up, yet grippy, spare tire.
  • I have to answer Hows the job search coming? at least 5 times a day. I know people are just asking because they are curious, taking an interest in my jobless state and want to help, but that doesn't stop the irrational urge to punch something from surging through me. 
  • I still don't have a puppy.
All in all, a most concise summary.

1 comment:

  1. Very concise. A few points:
    (a) The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my faves! Let's Book Club it!
    (b) I think you should move 'drinking during the day' to The Good.
    (c) I hate the job search question. Especially from people, like my dad's wife, who you know think you should have a job by now.

    ReplyDelete