Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Giant Rats

I had a dream last night that I got a publishing job.

So this morning I took it as a sign (as I'm apt to do) that something good was going to pop up for me on the job boards and I searched like a madwoman.

Maybe it was just a dream after all because there was nothing there. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

I'm obviously after immediate gratification here. I had the dream, that had absolutely no basis in any kind of reality (there were giant rats, and I still lived at home which was a giant patio...) and I woke up this morning and expected a job to roll my way. That's just how my brain works. In my dream I had an interview for some kind of publishing job and then I got it. Sure the interviewer was 14. The point is, I got the job.

In my dream that is.

Its probably more a Mad Men withdrawal situation. We started watching it a couple of weeks ago and quickly became addicted. Its all about working, its no wonder that it sort of drifted into my dream world. A couple of episodes of season 1 turned into running out and buying season 2 and last night we finished season 3. Season 4 is airing right now and the DVD for season 4 won't come out until probably March (based on last year's release- why isn't this being released for Christmas??) and I don't know what I'm going to do without my Mad Men fix.

I already looked at the free shows on the PVR-- there is something messed up with the Mad Men section. We can't risk finding out more about any one episode because we might find out something we didn't want to know. Like when we were on the 4th season of Dexter and we watched TMZ and they completely ruined the end of the season for us. I don't want to be responsible for ruining someone else's enjoyment of a truly stellar season but if you are a Dexter fan, remember how season 4 ended? Remember how shocked you were? Yeah, thats the part they ruined for us.

I recognize that my post about my dream job has turned into a recitation of my television viewing habits, but you have to admit, my TV habits are way more interesting at this point.

Oh and if you are wondering, I don't feel any more sick than I did yesterday, I did job search like a good girl (even applied for something). AND I went to the gym. I'm a f*cking star.

Here's hoping my dream comes true in the form of a job. But no giant rats please.

No comments:

Post a Comment