I know, its a weekend, so what the hell am I doing posting on my blog about work?
I'm making an exception because I got an award!
Seriously. Laurie from Girls Are Smarter Than You gave me this award:
She really did. And because I am unbelievably stoked about this, I wanted to take the time to give this the attention it deserves (you know, without fear of John appearing out of nowhere to ask how "we" are doing). In order to accept this award there are some questions that need answering. I apologize ahead of time if these answers are missing the usual helping of snark--its a weekend and I'm not angry.
Also, a little bit hungover, but that's neither here nor there.
Here we go.
1. Where is your cell phone? On the kitchen counter, charging after a very productive evening out. Texting when you are drunk is hard without a real keyboard. That is not a criticism of the iPhone- we all know its perfection. I'm just saying. Wow...moving on...
2. Your hair? Long and blonde. I'm thinking about cutting a lot of it off. Thoughts? Comments?
3. Your mother? Awesome. Would do anything for her.
4. Your father? Tricky question. My "father" lives in the Netherlands and we don't really speak. But my Dad is fabulous and I would do pretty much anything for him too.
5. Your favorite food? chocolate. such a cliche, but seriously. I also like cake. And things with cheese.
6. Your dream last night? I was drunk. So no dreaming, more coma-tosing.
7. Your favorite drink? water. tea. vodka.
8. Your dream/goal? To write and get paid for it!
9. What room are you in? The "dining" room- although I think we reversed it and this is probably supposed to be the living room since its further from the kitchen. Guess we're just not rule followers.
10. Your hobby? Is reading considered a hobby? Its no scrapbooking is it? I'm going to go with reading.
11. Your fear? I hate rats. Really any kind of vermin.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Anywhere but working where I do now. Who am I kidding- there is no way that I would even make it that long. Someone would have had to shoot me already.
13. Where were you last night? Out and aboot (I'm Canadian, what?)
14. Something you aren't? stingy.
15. Muffins? sure, blueberry or chocolate chip, but they must be moist. Moist. Some people really hate that word so I thought I would say it twice.
16. Wish list item? a house in Paris, London or Amsterdam. Or all of them.
17. Where did you grow up? North Vancouver (I feel like that's really identifying information by the way)
18. Last thing you did? guzzled water.
19. What are you wearing? a grey dress. I'm kind of cold actually. Probably should be wearing tights and a sweater. But I just pulled whatever was closest to me off the floor...I'm a classy girl like that.
20. Your TV? We have 2. But we almost never use the one in the bedroom.
21. Your pets? I want a puppy. Don't have one now, but I will.
22. Your friends? are lovely and hilarious and all ridiculously good looking because I'm not friends with ugly people.
23. Your life? Aside from a really sh*tty job that pays me nothing to get crapped on all day, things are actually pretty good. And I will sort that out. I mean if Amber from Teen Mom can sort her life out, so can I right? There's no Gary in my life, so we're ahead already.
24. Your mood? neutral. Its Sunday, I drank too much last night, but I have nothing to do so no complaints.
25. Missing someone? my Oma.
26. Vehicle? the bus?
27. Something you're not wearing? a sweater. I should get on that.
28. Your favorite store? Chapters.
29. Your favorite color? pink
30. When was the last time you laughed? I laugh all the time. But I guess when The Boyfriend started laughing at my poor balance and motor skills.
31. Last time you cried? When I watched the final episode of the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. I won't be cynical Coco.
32. Your best friend? I don't like the label "best" friend. I don't think that I have ever had one- it seems like when that label gets pulled out, bad things happen.
33. One place that I go over and over? The bookstore. Seriously. Crack. Den.
34. One person who emails me regularly? These days its the Record.
35. Favorite place to eat? At home (I know right? So lame)
And now, I get to pass the award onto a few other well deserving blogs that brighten up my very depressing and horrible work day. Thank you all for being Over the Top!
1. What Will I Ever Do With My Life . Yours was the first blog that I ever started following and you crack me up.
2. The Audacity of An Optimistic Pessimist . I'm fairly certain that yours was the first blog that I ever commented on. And you are also hilarious.
3. A Haute Mess My friend Niki- we started blogging around the same time and hers is way more successful for good reason. Seriously folks- its funny, good looking and smart.
4. The (mis) Adventures of VEG For a shared hatred of the advent of the Vancouver Olympics.
5. Girls Are Smarter Than You For giving it to me in the first place, the witty comments/words of encouragement, and awesome posts that pass the time at work.