Monday, January 18, 2010

James Cameron Ruined My Day

Another day in f**kin' paradise folks.

The wind is howling, the rain is pouring down, its still kind of dark and I'm stuck in the office with a bunch of d-bags and imbeciles. Yay.

I have to say that today is just a little bit worse than most days and its all James Cameron's fault.

As most of you are aware (except Anna, she didn't watch because she forgot?) the Golden Globes were on last night. A night where Hollywood can get together, film and television, and recognize each other's performances with a lovely dinner and lots of booze. The boozing really is the best part.

Anyway, I was totally enjoying them. Meryl Streep was tipsy, Monique was sincere, Ricky Gervais was merciless. But then a dark cloud passed over my enjoyment. Right around the same time as The Boyfriend announced (with glee) that "tomorrow is my last day of work", Avatar won for best movie and James Cameron made his way back on to the stage to make my life that much worse.

James Cameron, in accepting his Golden Globe for best picture, decided to mention how he has the best job in the world. Like we didn't all already know that making movies, creating worlds, and breaking box office records wasn't the best job in the world, he had to rub it in.

It's not that I was somehow under the impression that my job wasn't that bad before he said this. I mean, I write a blog about how much my job sucks. But lately, I have really gotten to the end of my rope. I honestly don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm thisclose to snapping and creating a really ugly scene that culminates in all of my worldly possessions taking up residence in a box.

I make no money, I get no respect and I am surrounded by a-holes and idiots. Those are my Top 3 reasons for hating my job.

And lately, there has been a whole lot of "I totally understand what it means to hate your job" or " Something better will come along soon".

I know these are meant to be helpful but unless you work here, or you have a job that you can offer me that pays me more and has nothing to do with any kind of finance, your words don't mean sh*t. I have no hope, no leads, no light at the end of the tunnel so mostly I just want to break things.

I'm pleasant this morning aren't I?

Well aside from James Cameron and The Boyfriend's happy dance about his upcoming 4 days off, the lady bus driver really pissed me off this morning. Aside from the fact that I take the same bus every morning, with the same driver, if I'm running for the bus and just make it on, I still need to dig around for my pass to prove that I have paid for the ride. Most of the time, when you have a regular bus driver that you say hello to and smile at every morning they know your face and in moments like this, they know that you are good for the fare. Other mornings, obviously, I have it ready.

Then, there is bridge traffic and it takes her 25 minutes to go 3 blocks because (as she explains on her intercom) all the cars are going in her lane to get onto the bridge. There are 2 other lanes that she could be driving in to get around the bridge traffic. But she won't.

I can't stand her.

I'm sure that it will get so much better when I'm on the bus at 5am to get to work at 6am. Thanks Olympics (and John).

I have seriously had it with this place. I can't even hold in my hatred anymore. Its not thinly veiled, its not masked in hilarity- its all out hatred spewing all over the place.

And its all James Cameron's fault.

1 comment: