Friday, July 2, 2010

Oranje Fever

This morning when my alarm clock went I wanted to punch a hole in the wall. Or smash my alarm clock into the wall. Then I remembered that, aside from work, today had the potential to be a very good day.

Or a very very very bad day.

But I had to get up for it. Because my country, my people, my Oranje was playing World Cup juggernaut Brazil. Brazil.

I got to watch the entire first half (because The Boyfriend drove me to work) but it made me want to throw up. We were down 1-0. Against Brazil. I had visions of me crying silently in my cubicle all day, still wearing orange but being mocked by my co-workers for what had been my steadfast belief in my team's abillity to win the whole thing.

But Oranje rallied for me. Oranje knew that this day would be hard. Oranje knew what to do to make it better.

Oranje beat Brazil.

Brazil.

Needless to say I am speechless. I'm stuck in a box at work with Amy, suppressing the urge to drink and scream and cheer and cry. All at the same time.

You know whats a good way to kill my happy buzz Veronica? Call Amy at work and gloat about your f*cking world cup trip. Too bad you were cheering for Chile. Who Brazil beat. Guess who beat Brazil?

Oranje!

I have a headache now. Way too much excitement for a work day. Having to suppress these most natural urges to run and scream and enjoy is not good for the soul. I wish I was in Amsterdam. Mona, Emily- have a drink for me as you drink to Holland's success. I'm with you in spirit.

Have a good weekend everyone. Happy 4th of July to the Americans!

Hup Holland Hup!

1 comment:

  1. So are you going to keep blogging after September 30th? I'll be sad if I have nothing to read at work.

    ReplyDelete