Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mental Health Day

I said that I would think of something to post for today that made sense and had a theme and then I went and took a mental health day.

My alarm clock went off this morning and I could not even face getting out of bed and dealing with work. So I made an executive decision (seriously our executives are never actually in the office) and called it in. I didn't even give them a pretend excuse. I just said I wasn't coming in and that I would see them tomorrow.

End of discussion.

You know what might have made me come to work? An appropriate raise this year.

Maybe. Guess we'll never know since I got a crappy raise. I'm not even sure that legally they are allowed to call what I got a raise.

But I digress.

Not that I had a point. Mostly I just missed posting anything today. I've become addicted to publishing rambling trains of thought on the internet for my own enjoyment.

Perhaps you all are wondering why I needed a mental health day. To you I say, clearly you haven't been paying attention to what I have been saying on this here blog.

But actually there is more to it.

Last week The Boyfriend and I bought an apartment. If you have been following my ramblings for a while you will know that I have been paying dues in my cubicle hell so that we could buy a place and then I could quit.

In my fantasy I get to quit. In real life I have to find another job first.

So yesterday I spent part of my work day trying to start the job search. Problem: I have no idea what I'm doing. The jobs I have had (and I've only had 2 real jobs, the rest were jobs that involved getting yelled at over coupon availability) I got because of someone I've known. So left to my own devices...no idea.

Then there is the conundrum of do I stay here until I find something that I can potentially turn into a career? Or do I just jump ship at the first opportunity? Do I really even know what I want to do now that I can do whatever I want?

Did I mention that I was battling myself while I was still in my Cubicle?

Then I went home to sign the mortgage papers only to be told that nothing could change until we actually take possession.

My head exploded.

I swear that the last week has aged me.

Tomorrow? A proper post. Thank you for bearing with me. And I'm sorry that you read this whole thing.


1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the job search. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you find something better soon! :o)

    ReplyDelete