If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that it is extremely rare for me to post on a weekend. But sometimes, something really exciting or noteworthy happens and I can't wait until Monday to let you all know!
I got a blog award! The lovely Breenuh awarded me this:
So a big thank you to Breenuh - you should all go and visit her lovely blog. Go. Do it now.
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Copy & paste the award on your blog.
2. Name the person who gave the award to you and link to their blog (or hyperlink).
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know.
So I guess I need to list 10 things that make me happy now. Definitely a different avenue for this blog and perhaps somewhat confusing to regular readers. Contrary to popular belief, there are things that make me happy. They just don't usually exist at work.
1. Mail that isn't bills or flyers. Real bona fide letters or cards in the mail.
2. Flowers. I love having flowers in my house or getting flowers (I would say that that's a hint to The Boyfriend, but he doesn't usually read my blog).
3. Working out. It makes me happy. Odd then that I wouldn't do it more often eh?
4. Planning trips! I love going away! Even if its just for a weekend somewhere close. But obviously there is something to be said for planning an Oktoberfest/Italy trip. Which I am working on!!
5. Days when John isn't in the office. Ditto Amy. Enough said.
6. Looking at my bookshelf. Its literally crammed full of books. I have even piled books on the top. All the books are so pretty and looking at them makes me happy. Obviously I also enjoy reading them. Lots.
7. Puppies. I don't have my own but for now I will settle for playing with other people's puppies.
8. Hosting parties/gatherings. I love to be a hostess. Love the decorating, the preparations, the cleaning, and then the reward of everyone coming together and having a good time. And I don't need to leave my house.
9. Buying people birthday or Christmas presents that I know they will love. Nothing beats the reaction.
10. Bubble baths.
That was harder than I thought! I have been conditioned to find the crap in life thanks to the Cubicle. But I did it! Now to pass it on to other worthy blogs!
Megan at Running Wild
Laurie at Girls Are Smarter Than You
Fidgeting Gidget at Fidgeting Gidget
Rebekah at Dusting Myself Off
OK! I think that thats it. Thanks again to Breenuh !! You totally made my day!
See you guys Monday!
PS Rebekah , I hope you are somehow reading this because I couldn't comment on your blog or find a way to email you about it. So hopefully you found it anyway!